This project is read-only.

TIFF decoder support

Feb 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Edited Feb 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Moin moin! Sehr schöne Bibliothek! ;-)

I work at a software company and we have an archiving system that may contain many TIFF files. They also may be in a multi-page format. It would be best if they could be shown natively in Silverlight in order to save on web server processing load.

Do you plan on supporting TIFF files in the near future? Do you have any experience on how difficult or complex is it to write a decoder for that format? Is the ImageTools library already flexible enough to handle multi page formats?

Best greetings from Munich,

Michael

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Hi,

I subscribe mepfuso post.

I am developing an image viewer and main image format used by client is TIFF (binary G4 compression). Because bandwidth limitation I cannot convert them into JPEG on server side, so I need to load these files natively. I wish to show directly or convert into JPEG on client.

Like mepfuso I would like to know if you are planning to support TIFF files in the near future or if it is not very difficult to implement decoders.

Best Regards,

João

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:56 PM
Hi,
thanks for being interested in imagetools.

Unfortunately I dont have time at the moment to make a tiff decoder. Afaik its a very complex format, the specification has about 120 pages.

But feel free to implement it. ;)
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM
There is no direct application can deal with TIFF file at present, however, I googled and found this professioanl TIFF document reading and decoding toolkit in .net framework which can detect and decode tiff tile and do many more tiff image processing, like, rotating and deleting tiff page, adding image to tiff file, merging or splitting a tiff document,and more.
Nov 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM
There is by now, I myself helped porting the open source LibTiff .NET Library to Silverlight (was no big deal really).

http://bitmiracle.com/libtiff/
Apr 22, 2014 at 3:53 AM
after testing a few tiff related software, i found this tiff decoder control is the most simple and useful one. it has mature APIs and complete tutorial to help you.